Implementing a new doctors staff bank for a London NHS Trust
Redesign and introduction of a new doctors bank service for a London Trust in less than 3 months.
We have worked with our client, a well-known London-based NHS Trust for more than a decade, providing a fully outsourced Staff Bank solution covering clinical and non-clinical staff.
Reed Talent Solutions were asked in November 2019 to deliver a doctors bank and incorporate this new service into the existing bank management. We used an external booking management platform to support the provision of tracking, recording and extracting payroll for doctors.
Tasked with delivering the bank at a fast pace, we ensured all relevant staff across the five hospital sites were trained to use the app. This meant shifts could be advertised and booked swiftly. Reed Talent Solutions also help to produce weekly and monthly reporting for the Trust’s Board.
To enhance the winning staff bank team, we recruited a new Account Director who has experience of implementing a wealth of doctor staff bank solutions across NHS Trusts nationally. The Director, in turn, recruited a specialised, experienced Doctors Account Manager to assist on the project. This helped Reed Talent Solutions to work with speed, knowledge and experience to deliver this service.
Our staff bank team engaged all doctors that had worked at the Trust in the last year, encouraging them to register via the new digital platform, to ensure that they could be onboarded quickly.
Reed Talent Solutions set up a steering group with representatives of each division across the Trust, and provided a Project Manager to create and manage an implementation plan,that would not only deliver on time, but in a phased approach.
- Training: To meet short turnaround times, we delivered training across the hospital sites every day, in tandem with our digital IT supplier, for a period of two months.
- Our dedicated onsite team onboarded over 1200 doctors from January 2020 to April 2020
- Over 650 doctors have worked on the doctor’s bank from January 2020 – April 2020
- 3,533 shifts and over 31,000 hours worked processed so far
- The Trust, for the first time, now has full visibility of cost and spend on doctor staffing. As a result, the Trust is now able to identify, understand, and tackle high spend - including escalated rate behaviours and high sessional usage
- Full site implementation was delivered on time.
- Fast-track onboarding of over 1200 doctors
- 104 external doctors recruited and onboarded
- 1200 doctors activated on new digital platform
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the ‘London COVID-19 Digital Staff Bank’, where 14 London NHS hospitals have begun to use a centralised online staffing platform to fill urgent clinical vacancies on the COVID-19 frontline.
With the impact of COVID-19 set to affect both employers and employees for some time to come, we identify the top soft skills to nurture not only in your workforces, but in yourself also.
Cast your mind back to those halcyon days in February, when everyone was able to travel to offices around the country - would you have imagined the scale of the changes which have taken place? We explore whether whether remote working will become a permanent change in our working lives.