Large scale expansion for a national welfare-to-work company
We are the outsourced recruitment partner for a large public service provider. To deliver the latest DWP Job Entry Targeted Support scheme our client needed to substantially increase headcount rapidly. We swiftly provided a scalable solution to meet this immediate demand.
Our client needed to supplement its existing talent with an additional 300 staff, across a three-month period, in order to deliver a new DWP contract.
The contract won by the client was among the largest available in the sector, meaning that the existing recruitment team would need to scale up rapidly in order to meet demand and provide the access to talent our client required.
We knew that our client’s competitors would also be recruiting heavily, so it was essential our advertising was effective in attracting the right talent and that the recruitment process was both smooth and engaging to prevent withdrawals.
As the client’s existing recruitment partner, we were required to continue our current recruitment model but to scale up 400% in order to deliver a 300 full-time equivalent expansion project. These roles ranged from employment advisers to a programme director, as well as an array of support roles, meaning our solution had to cater for a wide range of resource.
We appointed two talent leaders and a project manager to manage recruitment delivery:
- Video interviews – utilised video technology for both 1-way and 2-way video interview stages, eliminating potential process delays due to changing regional/national COVID-19 response tiering
- Agreeing project-specific SLAs for different types of roles, as well as in-campaign checkpoints/reviews
- Partnered with companies making redundancies within the sector
- Interview support – providing interview assistance in any hot spot areas or where our client lacked resource
- Amended recruitment process – completing a detailed audit of the interview process, removing any unnecessary complexities
Not only did we achieve this in the required time frame, we filled 98% of roles through the RPO, which minimised costs significantly.
We have become an embedded element of the wider HR team, creating a stronger working relationship with key stakeholders. Furthermore, this project has enabled us to support:
- Client satisfaction – as suggested by subsequent satisfaction surveys
- 300 successful placements (any withdrawals back filled)
- Time to offer – 20 days
- The success of this has resulted in the client securing additional contracts which will see delivery of a further 250 hires in the next quarter
- All client contractual obligations with the DWP successfully met
- Project review with HR & business excellence teams to understand how improved project processes & MI can be adopted for future activity
- Recruit 300 new starters inside 3 months
- Scaled recruitment team from 6 - 20
- 100% of roles filled for contract go live
AI can iron out the productivity issues in the workplace and support the development of new tech to help solve the bigger issues.